Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

All good things

Greetings! It's time for a long awaited blog post! 

Let's review what's been happening in SnB land. 

In April, Madeline and I met up with Allison in Columbia to attend an event hosted by Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe. I believe it was called a trunk show or something like that, though really it was just knitting and good food at Les Bourgeois Winery. 
Madeline and Allison knitting up a storm

Blurry shot of other knitters
We had a great time looking at yarn and chatting with other knitters. I spent some time working on the socks shown below that I'm STILL working on, thanks to a missing size 1 needle that was recently tracked down in the Nash household.

By the hammer of Thor, I will finish you!!!
At the last SnB meeting of the year, Clara showed off some of her new projects. Check out those adorable vegetable earrings. I'm so proud of how her creativity shines even brighter now that she can knit on double pointed needles.


 She also brought Gerard, her handknit pencil. Yeah, she's the coolest kid I know.

In non-knitting news, Jordan III showed off her AMAZING BALD HEAD. She shaved it for St. Baldrick's, a charity that funds research to help find cures for childhood cancer. Everyone kept rubbing her head for good luck. 



In other news, I GRADUATED! Here I am with my favorite set of Nashes. Yes, that's a small smile on  John's face. 

I know, you're thinking, "Awwwwww!"
"Awwwwww" indeed! 

Graduating has been a strange thing. I'll be leaving Kirksville and SnB behind. But I'm leaving you in very good hands! Madeline, Katherine, and Kat will be taking over blogging responsibilities. I am extremely confident that this group of ladies will do a fantastic job with the blog. And hopefully together they'll be able to post more than once a month. 

I've spent a long time writing this blog post in my head, wondering what I would say about my SnB experience. I've taken so long, in fact, that I'm finally finishing it in a hotel room in Kansas on my way to Colorado for the field season (I won't be more specific, on the off chance someone is planning a time-sensitive kidnapping). What I would like to say is that my time with Stitch 'n Bitch completely shaped my college experience. I began attending meetings my sophomore year when I was down in the dumps, so to speak. Meeting the lively members of SnB at the time (Madeline, Alex and Jordan I) brought me out of my slump in a supportive, hilarious environment. I might not have been able to control all of the things happening in my life, but I could control where I would be on Thursday nights: the HUB of the SUB. My knitting skills drastically improved too, which was a bonus. Over the past three years I have valued my time at SnB more than I can really describe. Thinking of all the people I have taught to knit is a great source of pride, as is this blog. I enjoy scrolling through past posts and remembering all of the hilarious moments I've shared with fellow group members. I have forged friendships that for once I am certain will stand the test of time and space (they're bigger on the inside!! AMIRIGHT fellow Whovians!?!?). I will be lucky if I can find a similar group of knitters who can tolerate my theatrics for as long as my fellow Stitch 'n Bitchers have. I've threatened to Skype in on a meeting or two next year, if they'll have me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment