Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

are you guys still doing your thing? Because there's another thing going on...

First, my apologies for last week's bloglessness. I was studying for a surprise Chaucer test (one day's notice was a little scary, but it all ended up okay).

This week at Stitch n' Bitch, things got a little strange. There was another event (one which drew more of a crowd than we yarnies are used to) so we relocated our little circle to the TV lounge downstairs.

We had quite  a few new faces at Stitch n' Bitch, but of course I forgot my camera and had to take pictures with my phone-

Before we get to that, here's the all-about-Clara section!


 Look at that fabulous sweater! I'm sure you'll remember her knitting that sweater last year. Also, observe the ever-lengthening tube, here functioning as a lap blanket!

Here's a candid picture of Clara knitting while waiting for Fred at a music competition. What is she knitting? It certainly isn't the tube. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will make an appearance at Stitch N' Bitch in the coming weeks!

And now, new people!

A suggested title for this week's blog post was "a blind man could see what you did there"- courtesy of these two lovely ladies- Sharon (on the left) and Marita (on the right). They, as you can see, were quite the giggly personalities this week.

This is Woody. Despite my picture, I promise he smiles. I think he wasn't sure I was taking a picture of him. He heard about Stitch N' Bitch through his guidance counselor- I didn't know that guidance counselors knew about Stitch N' Bitch- but regardless, it results in new faces, and new faces are awesome!

Madeline is working on yet another sweater with some moderately scratchy wool yarn- but, like Noro, I bet it'll soften up when she washes it. Mary is working on trying to get her yarn to speak to her. It appears to not be ready to talk yet though.

Katharine has begun working on the sleeves of her fingering weight sweater, and we had two other new faces this week, whose names I forgot to write down. I also have no picture evidence to suggest their presence- you'll have to take my word for it. While I was going around the circle taking pictures, my phone died, in a permanent sort of way (or so I thought...) I tried to take the battery out and put it back in, which did nothing to solve the problem. As it turns out, the battery has exploded internally, and the it can't handle taking pictures any more. It sort of shocked the phone I think, and it took overnight to recover. I also can no longer make calls on my phone, and the space bar has recently stopped working. I've had the phone for longer than I've been at Truman, so I suppose it's about time for it to go. As a matter of fact, I think my dad's about to take me to the AT&T store to pick out a new phone. Field trip! We'll see how this goes.

Stay tuned for my Thanksgiving Break blog post, in which there will be many exciting things!














No comments:

Post a Comment