Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Sargent Pepper's Lonely Yarn Club (something goes here to replace 'band' and I don't know what it should be...)

I like where the title is going, but I don't know how to finish it. Oops.

We were missing some folks at Stitch n' Bitch this week. It may have had something to do with this:

Snow Day!
Just one day before our meeting, Campus looked pretty much like this.
And this:
Blocked sidewalk in front of Kirk Memorial
And the Sunken Garden was particularly creepy:
But, some would say cold weather is knittin' weather- at least it makes you wish you had knit more warm things to wear...

This week, Meghan was working on a hat:
She claims to have just started this hat, but I seem to remember her casting on for a white hat the last time we saw her at Stitch n' Bitch. I cannot be completely sure, though- and she was pretty sure I was wrong. I probably am- it's hard enough to keep track of my own knitting, let alone everyone else's!

Katherine was working on a bright red vest:

The nice thing about big projects like this is that they behave like blankets while you're working on them!


Lauren is back up to speed on her sock, after having to restart the whole thing:


Maybe the pair will be done when we all get back from midterm break!

Jordan started work on a new bag, which she is understandably very excited about:
Then again, maybe that's just how excited Jordan is whenever she's around all this yarn. Yay! Yarn! The picture in the pattern for her bag looks pretty exciting too, except that the colors Jordan chose are totally cooler.

I made some progress on the fourth sheep of the Six Sheep Sampler. I started the sixth sheep this morning in class!
It's a really stiff sock, because my gauge is crazy-tight. These socks are going to be like ovens for my feet: waterproof ovens, at that. I'm very excited about this!


Hopefully the rest of our lovely Stitch n' Bitch peeps will be back to join us this week- especially since it's the last Stitch n' Bitch meeting before spring break! I'm curious to see if progress is being made on Clara's Tubes and other assorted yarn things!

No comments:

Post a Comment