Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes


Hello there fellow knitters! Hello to those of you who don't knit but for some reason find yourself reading this blog anyway! Truman Stitch 'n Bitch is back after a bit of a summer hiatus. That doesn't mean the knitting stopped, just that I was a bit too busy to update. As you may recall, I spent the summer doing research (and a bit of knitting) outside of Boulder, Colorado. My summer can be summarized in a collection of three photos.


So that was Colorado. Any questions? 

I did manage to knit a bit. The crowning glory of my summer knitting was my hedgehog hat. I'm not sure if I've mentioned my fascination with hedgehogs on the blog before, but it's something that comes up rather frequently at SnB meetings. Sometimes when I'm sitting around knitting I think, "Gee, if I had a hedgehog, he could just snuggle in my lap as I knit this." Now if I actually did get a hedgehog, I'm sure it would be a squirrelly thing that would hate sitting still. Instead I'll just spend a few seconds (or half an hour) looking at adorable hedgie pictures online when I feel like it. Perhaps I'll even knit another one of these creations: 

It makes me soooo happy. It might be some of my finest work. Seriously. Just look at the color combinations! Taylor obliged to be my male model, but I kept the final product for my own head. I really love the stocking cap shape. I might have to make a few more hats in this style. 

And now to more recent knitting adventures! Stitch 'n Bitch has moved to a new time. We now meet on Tuesdays from 7:00-10:00pm. The location, HUB of Truman State's Student Union Building, remains the same. Just look for the awesome people with yarn. We glow. 

All the regulars showed up for the first meeting of the semester. 

Chelsea and her curent hat progress. Superb color choice.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Kat is knitting fingerless gloves on SIZE 000 NEEDLES. 

Clara is working on her first garment, a bright, striped top.  
Here's Madeline knitting with abandon, as usual. Yes, that's another skein of Harry Potter sock yarn. Well spotted!
I'm itching to get some new yarn in my stash. I have several hats to knit for my fellow summer interns and my current yarn supply simply will not do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment